Friday, January 1, 2010

'God is doin a new thang'

who remembers that DC Talk song???  'God is doin' a new thang...'
i do, oh yeah...i go back that far!  well guess what? God is STILL doing new things!  every year as i make new years resolutions, i find myself getting discouraged because those resolutions are typically the same ones as the previous year!  how disappointing that i didn't conquer this, or change that...
but i am reminded, right now, new years day, Jan. 1, 2010, that "I have strength for all things in Christ who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]" (Philippians 4:13, Amplified Bible)
and as God prepares to do -yet another- 'new thing' in me this year, this day, i hear Him again say...
"Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present.  I'm about to do something brand-new.  It's bursting out! Don't you see it?
There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands." (Isaiah 43:19)
my prayer is this: oh Father, open my ears and eyes to hear and see what new things you want to do in me.  soften my heart that i might be willing and wholly surrendered to you so i can accept whatever it is...not just accept it but embrace it!!  i commit this coming year to you and ask you to bless my endeavors as i seek to honor you with all you've given me to do as a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend, an artist...
HAPPY 'NEW THING' YEAR!!!

No comments: