Monday, August 8, 2011

He knows my name

                       Isaiah 49:16 "See? I have written your name on the palms of my hands"

some years back my husband, Brian, and i had our wedding rings tattooed on.  we do also have actual rings, but we liked the idea of the obvious statement. the can't-break-it, can't-lose-it permanence of a tattoo.  my fingers are pretty small, so i have a 'B' for brian on my finger.  but his finger is big enough to have my whole name.  and i see it there, on his hand, everyday.  a regular reminder of where i belong. of whose i am. and though my name is written on Brian's finger, not his palm, it still reminded me of Is. 49.

in Isaiah 49, God is desperately trying to reassure his people that they are His!! that HE is there!!
(v13): Sing for joy, O heavens! 

Rejoice, O earth!
Burst into song, O mountains!
For the Lord has comforted his people
and will have compassion on them in their suffering.
but they doubt and worry and say: (v14)
"The Lord has deserted us;
the Lord has forgotten us"



but that's not true!!! God has not forgotten! he cannot!! see what He says then in verse 19...
"See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands. "


This is true for YOU today!! God the Father, Savior, Redeemer...knows YOUR name.  He has it written on his hands. you are His!

No comments: