Tuesday, January 11, 2011

remember

Remember.
(Psalm 119:11) NIV I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
(John 14:26) Amplified Bible But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to Recall (will REMIND you of, bring to your REMEMBRANCE) everything I have told you.
based on Psalm 119:11, 'i have hidden your Word in my heart, that i might not sin against you'.   i want to memorize scripture, words of truth, get a better grip on the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, so i can effectively defend myself in any and all attacks of the enemy. i can't tell you how many times my mind has come up empty when i've been in need of strength, encouragement or help.  now, there have been many moments where truth came flooding into my heart and mind as well. i just want to get to a place where the empty moments cease!
i have these pictures in my mind from when my kids were little.  we used to memorize verses together all the time.  that is a lasting foundation on which they have built their lives.  even though they're teens now, i still love getting fun cards on which we can write verses and then keep them close. (ok, my son doesn't really get into the 'fun card' part). this is a family practice that should never get old or fade away into busyness.
Father, grant me the presence of mind to recall the words you put on my heart.  fill me with your Spirit that i might grow into the woman you want me to be.  my goal: to memorize 2 verses each month alongside Beth Moore and Co., and any of the rest of you that want to join!! (for more info and the specifics you can go to http://blog.lproof.org/, go under archives and you'll find the information in the Dec. 26 post)
my first 'memory verse'(s) is the first part of the passage that i hope will characterize this entire year... Ephesians 5:15-17 "Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is."

No comments: