Monday, July 1, 2013

the STANDard::july




philippians 4:19
"... and my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

as many of you are aware, yesterday, June 30, brought my 30 day kickstarter-fundraising-campaign to a close.  we set a goal of 40,000 dollars to be pledged in order to fund the making of a new recording. (you can read all about it here)
i must say, it's been a stressful month. i was not expecting the amount of work that would be required in terms of time and emotions.  due to the fact that i was consumed with social media tasks and promotional projects, not to mention regular family maintenance as well as concerts and trips, i was completely unavailable to my creative side.  all inspiration went right out the window as i focused my attention on meeting that goal.

i'd be lying if i said i didn't spend time obsessing, fretting and worrying over the outcome. in spite of what I KNOW to be true in scripture regarding God's perfect provision, the sin of worrying and the clear calling God has placed on my life, i admit.... i was scared.  what if it didn't fund? what if i'm not able to do another record? what if? what if?

well.... here is what i came to BEFORE the project was funded: so what!!! i continue to cling to God's promise of provision regardless of the outcome. just because something doesn't work out according to MY plan doesn't mean it isn't working exactly according to HIS.   i'm convinced of my calling, i will press on with confidence in it.  the journey may not always look the way i envision it should.... but i'm surrendered to His will for me, knowing that His ways are not mine. they are higher. bigger. better.

and now...  we reached that goal!!  incredibly, based on fans/friends/family contributing/pledging/supporting, we did it!! and i've learned a valuable life lesson through this process: my God owns the cattle on a thousand hills.  not that i didn't know that, but i think i forgot for a sec. my every need is met according to His vast resources. every time. my worrying is just a sign of a lack of trust in his provision.  again, HIS provision may not be precisely how I anticipate or expect it... but it is still perfect. even though sometimes, like for me yesterday, God prefers the 11th hour to make sure we're paying attention.

so if you find yourself in a place of worry or fear in regards to your current circumstances i encourage you to lay it at Jesus' feet, knowing that His way is sure.  His provision is perfect.

my verse this month is Philippians 4:19
"...and my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

what's yours???






1 comment:

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.