Sunday, December 21, 2008

patience please

So...I'm stuck in Seattle. Seattle, not Montana where you'd expect to be stuck because of bad weather. And it's like nothing I've ever experienced in my 20+ years of traveling. There are thousands of (angry, irritated, frustrated) passengers, myself included, in long lines that wrap around and around and around and you just hope you get to where you need to be.
This was supposed to be one of my quick turn around trips. There and back, piece of cake, just like usual. But no, this is not one of those. I got stuck here last night after my flight was cancelled and missed getting to be at Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside, CA this morning. Heartbreaking really. My patience is definitely being tested. The chances of me getting home at all today are slim. Hotels are full, flights are cancelled. Hooray for the Holidays!
But you know what? It's still Jesus' birthday! And even though it seems that chaos reigns at SEA-TAC airport...God is still on the throne.

Um, but could you still pray that I get home??

No comments: